söndag 14 februari 2010

Photos from my archive

It has been so long since I left this lovely country of ours to visit any other country around the world. To be honest with you I haven't left Sweden many times during my life.

When I sat down with my kids to look at some old photos the other day, one of my boys came to me with an album and wanted me to tell about the pictures in it. It was years since I sat down and looked at it.

The first pictures were from a trip to Poland, my class had an exchangeclass over there that we visited when I was 14 years old. I had an old camera with me and as I remembered it, I just took pictures of my friends, but I was wrong. I guess my interest for photography grew inside me even back then.

Pictures taken from the ship when we arrived in Poland, maybe in Gdansk, I don't remember.


The little church in Kierkz


And the little lake in Kierkz, at that time the most clean lake in Poland and we were absolutly not allowed to play with the water. Says a lot!


We went to a church in Poznan.



And to the old city of Poznan.


And we also went to a castle somewhere, I remembered that we traveled by bus and that the castel were some sort of a museum.






Twenty years ago, where do time travel?

Some things from the times I went to see my friends in Poland are crystalclear others not. I do remember that the students in Kierkz had the first disco in Kierkz since the second worldwar when we were there and I do remember my polish boyfriend Damian (that I kind of gave a chock or two).

Please visit Archived and Remember Whensday to see other participants photos or go there and be a part of it yourself.


2 kommentarer:

Sally in WA sa...

Great pictures and memories of Poland. I will always cherish my one visit to Poland and hope to visit Sweden one day.

Thanks for sharing in the Remember Whensday meme this week!

Anonym sa...

Några riktigt intressanta detaljer du har written.Aided mig mycket, precis vad jag letade efter: D.